Alcohol is prohibited at the Hopper Danley Spiritual Center at all times.
Sale and service of alcoholic beverages for consumption on premises are permitted for special events within the Gorecki Alumni Center at the University of North Dakota in designated hospitality or meeting rooms and adjoining outdoor patio areas, subject to compliance with all state and local alcoholic beverages laws, ordinances and regulations. Special events at which sale and service of alcoholic beverages are permitted may include community or other events open to the public or private events.
Sale and service of alcoholic beverages are generally prohibited at University of North Dakota events, subject only to exceptions granted by special permit signed by the UND president or president's designee. The President has excepted, by permit, events that occur at the Gorecki Alumni Center. This grant permission would include compliance with the following rules and restrictions:
Service of Alcoholic Beverages:
- The Gorecki Alumni Center will comply with applicable laws pertaining to the sale, possession, and consumption of alcoholic beverages and foster responsible attitudes toward alcohol among members of the University community, including students, faculty, staff, and visitors.
- All alcohol beverages, including donated alcohol, must be served by a contracted licensed vendor or certified bartender.
- No event involving the service of alcoholic beverages may take place on campus without the prior written approval of the University president or the President’s designee.
- Consumption of alcohol shall be in connection with a substantive event, such as a banquet, official entertainment or reception.
- The client must arrange for and ensure the service of food and non-alcoholic beverages during the duration of the event.
- Sale of alcohol must be by a Gorecki Alumni Center contracted, licensed vendor only. Sale of a ticket to an event where complimentary alcohol is served is considered a sale of alcohol. Contact Gorecki Alumni Center Director of Sales & Marketing for information about scheduling an alcohol vendor.
- All servers must be trained in an authorized alcohol service program.
- Servers may not consume alcohol during the event.
- The service of alcoholic beverages must be monitored to prevent: excessive consumption; service to a person not of legal age.
- Unreasonable or irresponsible conduct or violation of any regulation or noncompliance with any limitation outlined herein justifies discontinuance of the event and subsequent denial of University service and facilities.
- No service or sale of alcohol to persons who are intoxicated or disorderly will be allowed.
- Alcoholic beverages cannot be removed from the premises.
- Alcoholic beverage service is not permitted at the Gorecki Alumni Center Monday-Friday 8 a.m.- 5 p.m.
- Alcohol is not permitted at Student Organization events.
- Kegs are not allowed at the Gorecki Alumni Center.
Review the list of our vendor partners
for available options for alcohol service.